Tepid Sense of an Intrepid Destiny

Thursday, December 30, 2004

An Economy of Keystrokes

I was educated to appreciate an economy of words. It was instilled in me that brevity won over verbosity (or short and sweet, if you are a nimwit). When a lyricist, musician can create little lines that envelope, little lines that are pregnant with hyperbole and metaphor, it impresses. When these lyricists can level you with melody accompanying that line, it makes you slam the gas pedal down, makes you fly at 90 m . p . h . down the NJT as it were... Perry Farrel would have paid the ticket if I were so unlucky.

Then there's this line "I fell in love with her, I just don't mention it."

then there's this scream in the background, "To fall in love this much, it's very dangerous, She makes me so jealous! I want to kill us both..."

Listen to this, "Freeway," preferably while driving on one... use cruise control.

Good God's Urge is something else, entirely. listen to it, but pay for it if possible.

**************************************



This week was nearly unbearably slow.

I feel like I've accomplished nothing, yet set out with an agenda. This weekend is mine. I've set myself up for eureka, an epic. He screams out, "I've found it you see! This is mine."

What ever happened to this sort of thing?


Visit My Current Blog!

Listed on Blogwise
Google
« Liberal Blogs »
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com